Wednesday 30 April 2014

Strangers

An empty frame, adorning my wall,
Your presence I cannot explain;

Alone, in the quiet chambers of my heart,
In the shadows of sweet awareness,
I seem to echo your name.

The pain that tears you apart;
Turns into incessant agony.
Burns me through my soul,
Poignantly, now more than ever before;

Married to the joys and sorrows of this bond,
Weaving an incredible dream,
I wonder, if I've  known you a lifetime or more; 

The strangeness of being united in pain;
Words swept under the rug of reserve.
The quickening of my breath,
When I sense you near;

We never exchanged a thousand words,
We never passed knowing smiles.
Yet, our eyes could never shield lies,
The answer revealed in their unnerving depths,
Defying superficial veneer.

Holding back the angry tide of emotion,
Lips sealed with halted out pour,
We part ways on many a excuse; 

In disquieting sleep, We meet again and again;
For once , our emotions unveiled..
When reality comes beckoning,
At the moment of blissful reckoning,
You fade away in constant interlude.

Ignoring the yearning of the soul,
We maintain a stony indifference,
In the face of our unlikely communion;
Does it matter, this awkwardness of situation?
When we're eternal companions?

Yet, we tread alone,
Separated by a sprawling distance,
In a vagabond country, two lonely rangers.

 But when the clocks unwind,
And our worlds collide,
Purging the distance that held us apart,
Would we still remain strangers? 




 








No comments:

Post a Comment